10.07.2008

Another year older, another year...

...wiser? I don't know if that is true. Yesterday I turned 26. Am I wiser than I was two days ago or even a year ago? My life is definitely different today than it was a year ago. I've gone from living in a small Burkinabe village (where I had a two bedroom house) to my parents' couch in Felton. But then again I do get to use a real toilet here. I finished up the end of my Peace Corps service, said goodbye to friends, packed my things and returned to the states. So, here I sit looking for jobs, playing on the computer and trying to figure out where my life is going. Do I join main stream America and get the highest paying job I can? Do I look for a job more personally fulfilling? Do I try to travel? Do I try to find a way to go back? It's said that the more you know, the more you realize you don't know. So maybe I am wiser, but that doesn't make me any less confused. Any words of wisdom?

2 comments:

stearns003 said...

No words of wisdom... I'm as lost as you are. ;o) But isn't it ironic that your STATESIDE blog has a picture of AFRICA? :o)

Randal Kay said...

wisdom is a treasure buried deep and only through back-breaking diligence is its worth unearthed.

Keep digging...